1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone replaced a iphone 4 screen?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jaysta, Mar 27, 2012.

1. jaysta

jaysta NOOB

Hi all,

my first attempt at fixing my iphone 4 screen. Everything was going well until i had to put the motherboard back in and noticed that the the skinnier of the 2 digitizer cables isnt going to reach its plug.. Its seems to be far to short..

I had bent it slightly so i think that is now taking the slack? The tiniest of bends :( I compared it to my broken LCD and the cables appear to be the same size and yet when I put the new digitzer back in i still get the same problem.

Any help/pointers we be appreciated - do you think I've F-bombed my new digitzer ? Will yanking it a bit harder to try and pull it through possibly-more than likely damage it?

2. mazak

mazak KOZBOT AVENGER

trash it my friend...even if u get it working it wont be the same

3. jaysta

jaysta NOOB

I worked out where i was going wrong :/ I used a little glue to stick the ear piece mesh back on and somehow got some on the lcd cable which ended up sticking to the board! Gave it a good yank - It didn't really damage it but i was concerned!
    All back together and working perfect for 2 days now (phew!)

4. bzrkkk

bzrkkk NOOBLET

Smartphones are tricky, i learned the hardway.. But i just called up version and said my phone was stolen lol!