1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

Building a Hackintosh

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeremy, May 2, 2012.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Would Be Staff

YOU WILL NEED
    • A computer running an Intel Processor
    • A blank CD
    • To leave any fear of your computer at the door.
    BEFORE YOU BEGIN
    If you have greater than 4gb of RAM, remove the extra RAM for a maximum of 4gb. You can put back any extra RAM in after the installation process. Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in. Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X. Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse. Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible. If using a Gigabyte 1156 board, use the blue Intel SATA ports- not the white Gigabyte SATA ports. It's best to use an empty hard drive- you will have to partition and format the drive. Always back up any of your important data.

STEP 1: BIOS SETTINGS
    You will need to set your BIOS to ACHI mode and your Boot Priority to boot from CD-ROM first. This is the most important step, and one many people overlook. Make sure your bios settings match these. It's not difficult- the only thing I did on my Gigabyte board besides setting Boot Priority to CD/DVD first was set Optimized Defaults, change SATA to AHCI mode, and set HPET to 64-bit mode.

STEP 2: INSTALL MAC OS X
    In order to boot the Mac OS X Retail DVD, you'll need to download and burn iBoot. For desktops and laptops using unsupported Intel CPUs and graphics, a legacy version of iBoot can be downloaded here.
    Download iBoot
    Burn the image to CD
    Place iBoot in CD/DVD drive
    Restart computer
    At boot prompt, eject iBoot

Insert your Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD and press F5
    Press enter to begin the boot process

When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you cannot get to the installation screen, retry from Step 4, type PCIRootUID=1 before hitting enter. If that doesn't work then try PCIRootUID=1 -x or just -x which will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode and will allow you to proceed. For some graphics cards, use GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag to proceed.
    Partition your hard drive to GUID Partition Table
    Format your hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). NOTE: The bootloader can only boot from a disk or partition of 1 TB or less. Partition larger drives.
    For the purposes of this guide, name it Snow Leopard. You can rename it later.
    Close Disk Utility
    When the installer asks you where to install, choose Snow Leopard
    Choose Customize‚ and uncheck additional options. This will hasten the install process. You can always install this stuff later.
    Restart computer.
    Place iBoot back in drive.
    When you get to the boot selection screen, choose your new Snow Leopard installation.

View the super-cool Mac OS X Snow Leopard Welcome Video, and set up your computer!
    STEP 3: UPDATE TO 10.6.8
    If you have a Sandy Bridge system, please follow these specialized instructions to update to 10.6.8.
    Open Finder and navigate to your Snow Leopard drive.
    Download the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update
    Download MultiBeast
    Open MultiBeast- don't run it yet, just leave it open.
    Mount MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg
    Install MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.pkg
    Upon completion, the installer will ask you to reboot. DO NOT REBOOT.
    Switch to the already open MultiBeast. If it closes, just re-open it.
    STEP 4: MULTIBEAST

MultiBeast is an all-in-one post-installation tool designed to enable boot from hard drive, and install support for Audio, Network, and Graphics. It contains two different complete post-installation solutions: EasyBeast and UserDSDT. In addition it includes System Utilities to rebuild caches and repair permissions and a collection of drivers, boot loaders, boot time config files and handy software.
    Choose one of the following options directly following a fresh installation and update:
    EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for any Core/Core2/Core i system. It installs all of the essentials to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Audio, Graphics and Network will have to be enabled separately.
    UserDSDT is a bare-minimum solution for those who have their own pre-edited DSDT. Place your DSDT.aml on the desktop before install. Audio, Graphics and Network will have to be enabled separately. HINT: Check the DSDT Database for a pre-edited DSDT.
    1. Run MultiBeast.
    1. If you have a custom DSDT that's been edited, place the file on your desktop and chooseUserDSDT.
    2. All others select EasyBeast
    1. Select System Utilities.
    1. Optionally, you may install further drivers via Advanced Options to enable ethernet, sound, graphics, etc... Be sure to read the documentation provided about each installation option. NOTE: EasyBeast, and UserDSDT install the bootloader by default, so you'll not need to check that option.
    2. Install to Snow Leopard- it should take about 4 minutes to run scripts.
    3. Eject iBoot.
    4. Reboot- from your new Snow Leopard installation drive.

Thanks to tonymacx86 for I boot multicast and tutorial

2. TheRevolution

TheRevolution LifeTime Friend H.A. LifeTime Friend

Can you get the directions for Mountain Lion or Lion on an AMD Phenom processor?? I can get Snow Leopard working perfectly as a VM but I can't get the Lions working.

3. KozmoK

KozmoK Hacker Cracker Staff Member Admin

I think I will buy a mac - to start some XCode iphone/pad apps.

4. boss34

boss34 NOOBLET

A forum dedicated to this kind of stuff: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Would Be Staff

6. TheRevolution

TheRevolution LifeTime Friend H.A. LifeTime Friend

Why?? Just run it in a VM on your current PC. Especially if all you plan on doing is coding. If you were thinking about video/film editing stuff I would say get the machine.

Thanks Jeremy but I would prefer to run it under VMWare workstation. I really don't want to install a whole VMWare Server. I have been through that site plenty of times and can't come up with anything. I have a feeling my processor just isn't supported yet.

7. bzrkkk

bzrkkk NOOBLET

virtualpc was a horrendous joke back on the powermac g3's/g4's.. I would use VM but if you really want a mac but dont have the money check your local craigslist. I have seen numerous powermac G5's for like $100