1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Spec New Build

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aew6317, Feb 5, 2015.

1. aew6317

aew6317 RAC MASTER

I have just won a compensation claim that was valued at £150k, i excepted in an out of court settlement £85k. This case has been going on 4.5 years and just wanted some money.
    My current pc is 5 years old and has served me well, the only upgrade i have given it is a SSD. I have not been able to upgrade any other part for the lack of money. Now i have a big fat insurance cheque coming my way it time for this one to go and another to take its place.
    I've set myself a budget of £3000 ($4500) just for components. I have not been reading mags or reviews as i did before so don't know whats good etc, so please any help is gratefully received.
    I dont need a monitor, or case this will be either a Cooler Master Cosmo II or Corsair Obsidian 800D not made my mine up.
    So the budget is for everything that goes inside the case.
    As for GPU i have always had AMD but maybe swayed to the Green side. Not fussed if its a single or SLi / Crossfire or even X2 solution. (anything will be better than the current 5850)
    Intel CPU a must, Also full water cooling that also has to be quite, not worried about custom build kit as i have built the one i use at the moment.
    As again thanks.

2. GanjaPermit

GanjaPermit EVIL KOZBOT VANQUISER

well... with this budget take everything what is now top of range if you want to be future proof or if its only for gaming maybe spent less and buy a car or just save money. I sold my previous pc to gain some money for my car and now I have crap pc but if I had some extra £££ I would build monster PC :p

Intel 5960X Extreme
    Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-21300C16 2666MHz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydro Copper 4096MB x 2 or 3 :p
    SuperFlower Leadex Platinum '8Pack Edition' 2000W

and you don't want to play on 1080p :D don't you? 144hz is a must in my opinion and maybe something like this Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-Sync 144Hz?

3. KozmoK

KozmoK Hacker Cracker Staff Member Admin

Shoot you have plenty of money to get top of the line almost everything.

4. aew6317

aew6317 RAC MASTER

Got a rough idea what i want, but still a nagging question.
    2 * GTX 980 or 2 * R9 295x2.
    i know ill have to get a bigger power supply for the AMD option
    or is it worth waiting of the R9 380x?

5. GanjaPermit

two gtx's 980 go for green ;)

6. hashiriyaman

hashiriyaman NOOB

I'd wait on the new AMD lineup.

Who cares if you need to buy a more powerful PSU or if your energy bill becomes a bit higher (look for a better energy supply deal?).

GPU's in my opinion are the single best upgrade next to an SSD. These days, nothing is really evolutionary when it comes to CPU/Chipsets etc anyway (for the purposes of gaming that is).

If I can wait for a new release GPU I would for the simple fact that it will be faster at the same price point as the current top of the range. If you can afford the best, buy the best. Who cares about red or green with the money you are spending.

7. aew6317

aew6317 RAC MASTER

This is what I bought
    2 - Asus GeForce GTX 980 Poseidon
    Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99
    Intel 5820K
    Kingston Predator 16GB PC4-24000C15 3000MHz
    Few other bits and custom build (well to be built) water cooling.
    £3200

GanjaPermit likes this.
  8. GanjaPermit

omFG! :D please do some thread like building PC stuff :) I want to see this beast!!!!!! well done mate :) I wish I could afford PC like this :p but I have a car now so PC is not that important :D