1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

Question on learning / self taught computer programming

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by 360madden, Dec 22, 2011.

1. 360madden

360madden NOOB

So where to get started? working out of book or going with online tutorials? and I read somewhere you need to match up a compiler thats compatible with the subject areas that are covered?!

Supposedly to become proficient in C++ doesn't necessarily require knowing a high degree of complex mathematics.. mainly you need be good at logic, detail, and problem solving.. unless of course you're working in finance, engineering, physics, image/signal processing... etc. years ago I got as far as high school pre-calc... as far I could go without failing the class.

all I wanna do for right now is to learn how to write my own custom apps for windows, like automating repetitive tasks or designing a cool looking UI. and if successful maybe write up my own private cheats for games (especially for mmorpgs!)

[​IMG]

2. Strife

Strife Guest

Grab a book on programming and have at it.

For writing Windows apps, you can choose a few different languages, each having their own set of pros and cons. For example, you can use C or C++ for this, but these are not easy languages to learn. It will take you months before your level of competency is at the point where you can create a complex app and not have to fall back on any sort of reference. Then, there is C# and VB.NET. While these languages are not quite as powerful, they do make problem solving a lot easier because of the .NET Framework they operate on top of.

If what you're after though is making cheats for games, your best bet is probably with a more powerful language like C or C++. However, this is not an easy road by any stretch of imagination. Your proficiency will be determined by the amount of dedication you put forth. I've been programming for 10 years and I still feel like I'm learning something new all the time.

3. Smockled

Smockled KOZBOT GOD Staff Member

if you are looking into making automatic tasks... you might want to look into shell scripting...

If you are looking into making cool windows UI, and want to learn on a very easy language to learn, look at some VB.NET books...Its a fairly easy language to grasp, and you can make some nice Windows Forms with it. You can also make Windows Forms that use ASP.NET so you can make some nice UIs on ASP.Net websites.

Pretty much one of the core things you need to learn about programming, especially if you learn to now apps in VB.NET, is common coding practices, and understand the differences between syntax and logical errors. If you take an intro to programming class at a college, one of the first things they teach you, is to understand logical errors. Atleast thats what they do at San Jose State...

4. Strife

Strife Guest

Yeah, same thing at University Of MN. The first class I took regarding core Computer Science classes was Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming Logic. I hated that class though. We had to make a shit load of program flow diagrams.