1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

Robot Pool Skimmer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KozmoK, Jul 29, 2015.

1. KozmoK

KozmoK Hacker Cracker Staff Member Admin

Update 7-29-15

Here are some pics of the recent model.

Current Arduino Programming runs the boat for 2 minutes forward - then reverse for 30 seconds.
    The 6V Solar Panels are charging a single 3.7 Cell LiPO battery.

I am waiting on my Voltage/Current module so I can make sure the robot stops trolling around when the battery hits 3.2V - so it does not ruin the battery. ( you have to keep lipos in a range, or it destroys them!)

my goal at this point is for the robot to troll around the pool all day without getting stuck. After this is completed, I will work on the trapping the shizzit in the pool.

Boat1.JPG

boat2.JPG

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. Smockled

Smockled KOZBOT GOD Staff Member

I know all about Lipos :) I have a traxxas 4x4 platinum running of off 3S and 4S Lipos.

are you encasing the lipo in a hard/metal case? Lipos do not like water or heat

3. KozmoK

It will be in a waterproof box. I will have to read the specs on heat and check it with a heat laser gun

I dont have anything really mounted yet on the platform. I am waiting on my new motor to arrive in a few days before I secure and balance everything.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  4. Smockled

Nice...

The skimmer is looking good btw.

5. RACtivision

RACtivision KOZBOT GOD Staff Member

6. KozmoK

I'm waiting on a few more parts, then I will post a video of it in the pool !

7. KozmoK

New BlueRobitics T100 Thruster Arrived last night!

I got around to mounting it today. I didn't drill a hole for the wire yet.

upload_2015-8-7_10-2-40.png

Smockled and RACtivision like this.
  8. KozmoK

Here is the latest (WORKING!) version with active Sonar :) Excuse the mess on the floor, I was drilling into plastic and didnt vacuum it up yet.
    The scoop coming out of the top is the Ultrasonic Radar Module. It will see obstacles.

The Unit will troll forward until it sees a wall, then pause, reverse until its obsticle is out of the range then go forward again. I will post a video of in in action
    later today or tomorrow.

This makes use of 1 Arduino UNO (I am going to use a micro), 1 Maxbotix Radar Module, 1 BlueRobotics T100 thruster motor, and a Aphro ESC (Motor Controller), and 1 Lipo Battery.
    After I get the basics working, I will add solar recharging to the project again.

sonar_boat.JPG

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Smockled and Jaidee like this.
  9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Jaidee's Evil American Clone H.A. LifeTime Friend Battlefield One

This is cool. I used to be a tech for Polaris and worked on the engineering of the pool vacs. If you pull this off, I'm sure you could licence this puppy to them for some big $$!

KozmoK and Smockled like this.
  10. DICEadmin

DICEadmin HA Bum

So, how does it work? Good?

11. KozmoK

I haven't had time to mess with it lately... I have been working on hacks, and my Halloween decorations/props :( I need to get on it!

12. DICEadmin

DICEadmin HA Bum

unfortunately the pool will be frozen over soon...winter, the fun killer...unless you ski or snowboard.

Halloween Decs are always cool, post some pics of those, mate.

13. KozmoK

14. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Jaidee's Evil American Clone H.A. LifeTime Friend Battlefield One

15. Smockled

Damn thats pricey