1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

Discuss Site Improvements

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by KozmoK, Nov 2, 2014.

1. KozmoK

KozmoK Hacker Cracker Staff Member Admin

I just wanted to take the time to discuss and update you all on the progress of the site.

Last month we were hit by a HUGE botnet DDOS attack. It was doing two types of attacks, a SYNC Flood and a normal repeated page-view attack (requesting a page over and over, but by 20,000 bots)

My hosting provider did not offer any DDOS protection so we had to move. I moved to another VPS company. After about a day they suspended my account because there was too much DDOS for their liking. I don't blame them too much as it was ALOT!

I then started searching for a DDOS protected VPS company, and found a great one at a great price. It uses
    Staminus DDOS Protection up to 20GB

Moving the site 3 times was a HUGE PAIN, as it takes a lot to setup the DB, and authentication mechanisms, SSL, etc on each one. I was busy for a 3-4 day period for sure.

I then found CloudFlare which offers protection, it is costly though. $200 a month! Frustrated I went ahead and purchased it. It works excellent! It proxys only valid connections to my webserver.

We just purchased our Second Month of Cloudflare - however last night I decided to start testing the DDOS VPS interface I purchased from our VPS Hosting company. No sense in paying $200 a month if it can handle it.

Just last week I had turned off my CloudFlare DDOS protection to see if we were still being attacked, and found 62,000 Page hits in a few hours time. So Yup - we are still their target. You would think they would give up by now.

11/2/14
    I have disabled Cloudflare - its still there, I can turn it on at any point. I have purchased a cheap $5/month package at www.SiteUpTime.com to monitor the site for any slowness or downtime, and it will page me in the event they do it again, and I will turn CloudFlare back on.

My hopes are to stop paying $200 a month for CloudFlare, and just use the Staminus DDOS protected Interface of my VPS package. I will still use the CloudFlare free version - so I can easily turn it back on at a moments notice.

Jaidee, Shadow22, Ronin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ronin

Ronin LifeTime Friend H.A. LifeTime Friend Ultimate Hax

KozmoK, How about if you have a donation button to help in the mean time? If any wants to help by donating they do and if they can't or wont is ok also. Is just another way to help the community, Just my 2 cents. I'm willing to help, I'm assuming that maybe others might want to help as well.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    TheGrinch123, Jaidee and RACtivision like this.
  3. Smockled

Smockled KOZBOT GOD Staff Member

Whoa, Staminus is what we use at work also, for all our locations now... the servers have a loud ass fan...

We ended up using it, after one of our customers were DDOs, for 2 days.. it was so bad, that the entire ISP went down for the city of denver...

After we started installing and turning up Staminus servers, it was good to go...

TheGrinch123 and Jaidee like this.
  4. Jaidee

Jaidee HAcker Staff Member

I agree and like Ronin's idea very much too...

however I do believe that this DDOS attack on "our" website is just that...on ALL of us.
    the costs should be divided up amongst all VIP's (including Koz) to be fair.

there has got to be more than 200 VIP's....so what does that work out to be......mmmmmm
    hang on...that's like $1 per VIP per month! even if there are only 100 VIP's that's only $2

given the high level of service offered here (which is second to non) I seriously don't know
    of any other coder in the world who works as hard as KozmoK keeping all of us up and running
    under sometimes dreadful situations (like this DDOS attack)....and not only that...on top of that
    the day to day trials and tribulations of explaining to noobs (like me) how to set up their own PC's lol :D

I can honestly say...that since all my medical situations (believe me...a LOT of them) I have never enjoyed
    my life more...finding this website has been simply (a life saving experience) frigging awesome!

so please offer to help...and show kozmok that we all do appreciate his hard work and patience.
    (and although he will never admit to it) because with some of us (me included) he certainly needs it :D

5. TheGrinch123

TheGrinch123 BAD ASS MOFO VIP Ultimate Hax

I second (or is it third) Ronin's and Jaidee's suggestions. I would be more than willing to pay an extra dollar or two to keep this site up and running at peak performance. I know of no other coder that works as hard as Koz to both satisfy and protect his clients. And this is the only site I've seen that provides make-up days when the hack is down for recoding and testing. The services received here are well worth a little extra.

Ronin and Jaidee like this.
  6. KozmoK

KozmoK Hacker Cracker Staff Member Admin

Well they are back at it again.

Its almost as if the person knows when I switch Cloudflare off.

I need to get ahold of my VPS tech support and find out why Staminous didnt work.

7. Jaidee

whoever they are....they must have a serious gripe with your website/hack @KozmoK .....an opposition maybe?

if I remember there was someone banned that got a little excited about
    the time this all started.....
    but even if this is the case...to what end? what does it prove?

nah....if it was a upset subby...they would want maximum damage straight
    away and they would want you to know they did it....to show off...

opposition pissed that you are doing so well....(no name calling here)
    they would surely want maximum damage over a long period of time.

just my own personal thoughts.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Ronin, AbsoluteKaos and yomama like this.
  8. Khariz

Khariz LifeTime Friend H.A. LifeTime Friend Ultimate Hax

What I don't understand is this: it isn't cheap to keep a botnet permanently directed at a target. Someone is funding a major offense against us, and for what? To what end?

9. Shadow22

Shadow22 RAC MARAUDAR

Probably EA because they are tired of not being able to detect Koz hacks lol.

yomama, Jaidee and Ronin like this.
  10. Jaidee

@KozmoK was just thinking about "oppositions" who could afford to carry out this attack.
    I just remembered there was one that offered a job for a large sum of money....surely they would be pissed
    your doing so well......and they are not?
    sometimes "friends" even "family" will stab you in the back if fame or fortune gets in the way :(

RACtivision, Shadow22 and Ronin like this.
  11. RACtivision

RACtivision KOZBOT GOD Staff Member

I have had my suspicions about some people at a certain website...

12. Hidden

Hidden NOOBLET

And then you find out the next day your site gets hit with a 400Gbps DNS amplification attack...