1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

Discuss Skylake Z170 Vs X99

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by KozmoK, Jun 25, 2015.

1. KozmoK

KozmoK Hacker Cracker Staff Member Admin

Should I wait 2 more months for the SkyLake Processors to be released? Or go with a Haswell Processor and use the x99 LGA2011-v3 mobo?

I've been waiting to upgrade but skylake is just a few months away.

They are saying in Early August they will release some versions of their chips. I Don't want a chip with a graphics processor on it though...

At least LGA2011-v3 Haswell motherboards and chips should decrease in price when Skylake processors are released.

What I'm looking for is faster and more PCI lanes to the CPU. I want 32gb/s SSD (I will go with Intel 750 SSD as boot drive, then a M.2 as 2nd drive.

2. TheGrinch123

TheGrinch123 BAD ASS MOFO VIP Ultimate Hax

I usually buy the last, best CPU/MOBO/GPU when the next tech break though occurs. Prices usually drop quickly, but you still have just below the absolute top of the line components. In other words, I would get the Haswell Processor and X99 MOBO. Besides as soon as the SkyLake Processors are released Intel will start advertising their next tech break through. One could wait forever to get the latest tech.

Another consideration, for you, is what the majority of your users have. You don't want to have hardware that makes the hacks work differently for you than the majority of your customers. You can't dumb down for the oldest hardware, but you also don't want those with reasonably good hardware to have problems you cannot duplicate and solve.

Just my 2 cents for what it is worth, around 2 cents :D.

KozmoK likes this.