1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. FYI - Your missing Content - your only seeing non-registered Guest Information... Quickly register and sign on to see more! (Shoutbox, current activity etc, more forums)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi There Guest! If your not sure about buying from us at HackersAdvantage, or unsure of our Detection Rates - Please Register and make a post asking! Our Staff and Members will reply to every question! We have the longest non-detection streaks in the industry! We offer a 3 day refund on hacks that you can not get to work on your PC. NO OTHER SITE DOES THIS!
    Dismiss Notice

VPN and Safety

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeremy, Feb 19, 2013.

Do You use A VPN

This poll will close on Feb 19, 2023 at 9:03 AM.
  1. Yes

44.4%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. WTF IS A VPN!!!!

5.6%
  1. Jeremy

Jeremy Would Be Staff

Do any of you guys use VPN? I usuaually use them all the time because I dont want the feds looking at my PC LOL

I use halovpn (www.halovpn.com) What do you guys use if any?

2. TheRevolution

TheRevolution LifeTime Friend H.A. LifeTime Friend

Do you think a VPN will really protect you?!? If they want/need to look at you a VPN won't stop them. :D Its more of a hassle to do it if you ask me.

Have you ever checked this out --> https://www.torproject.org/

Its supposed to be the ultimate in anonymous web browsing. I checked it out and I would say that either it is the ultimate in privacy or people really believe it is. Because there is some really crazy shit going on in some of the hidden web pages (people buying and selling drugs, ridiculous sexual fantasy stuff, it was crazy). And to be even more secure most sites only allow you to purchase things with those tokens (can't remember what they are called). You know that shit where you hook your PC to the internet and it solves ridiculous equations and when it actually completes one you get a token. What the hell is that called again?!?

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Would Be Staff

Are they called bitcoins?

4. TheRevolution

TheRevolution LifeTime Friend H.A. LifeTime Friend

That's it. Thanks! I couldn't for the life of me remember what the hell they were called.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Would Be Staff

I was guessing to lol

6. Jaidee

Jaidee HAcker Staff Member

i never worry about vpn now...used to because i wanted to watch us tv from australia...now found site so dont need one anymore...so guess if like me only for tv or something to hide then no need for vpn...with hack it was slow and lagged (not hack fault) just vpn server taking its time to stream bf3 to me (lol) :)

Jaidee2 likes this.
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy Would Be Staff

I cant believe you streamed bf3 xD

Jaidee likes this.
  8. Jaidee

me either....never again my friend :) now i just play the thing from locally and enjoy it the best i can...even though playing a us server gives me about a 180 -220 ping from australia...not too many whingers whine about it :p

Jaidee2 likes this.
  9. Jeremy

Jeremy Would Be Staff

not bad I usually get around 150

10. yugurt

yugurt RAC MASTER

damn i whine as soon as i get over 50 ping :)

11. G1ZM0

G1ZM0 VIP Battlefield One

my ping is usually 7 to 15.
    but only if i play on servers in my country...too bad my fav servers are in the united states ;D
    so my ping is usually 110-130

12. Colonel

Colonel KOZBOT GOD

my ping is similar to Gizmo and like him most of my favourite servers are in the US...however i would like to add 110-130 is NOT high and not enough to cause any lag for most of the whingers and whiners who complain...i understand if over 300 but even then with high speed internet and fast pc hardware there is also very little difference...maybe those whingers and whiners should ask their mummy for a HW upgrade :D

13. G1ZM0

G1ZM0 VIP Battlefield One

as far as i know did DICE said at 200 it starts being bad :D

14. Gnomie

Gnomie NOOB

I'm always using a VPN, playing games can sometimes suck, it's not funny to play with a 100+ ping

15. Jaidee

I have given up playing with VPN as the gameplay can be woeful at the best of times :(

16. Gnomie

Gnomie NOOB

ya, you have to use a server which is near to your real location, thats the trick :D

17. Colonel

Colonel KOZBOT GOD

no kidding...the reason I used a usa VPN was mainly so I could watch ALL usa tv/download/info online that refused outside access to it..so it worked well enough for that but unfortunately was too slow at times for gaming...when I log on with local VPN sometimes it is ok and works fine for gaming...but not all the time...so in frustration I just gave up using it for that. Maybe you can recommend a VPN that is 100% smooth and fast and no lag...I will sign up straight away because Australia is a long long...long way from anywhere :)

18. Gnomie

Gnomie NOOB

you are from aussi?

The problem is, like you said, Australia is very very very far away from everything, so a VPN wouldn't make the situation any better. If you want to use a VPN for gaming, (which is pretty senseless imho) then you should try an Australian VPN Provider.

you have probably heard about HidemyAss (http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/), which offers a lot of servers in nearly every country. The speed is pretty good and the supprot always available.

I don't want to avertise here, of course there are other Providers with nearly the same features and/or speed.

19. Colonel

Colonel KOZBOT GOD

my account with hidemyass has only just expired.... :)

20. Gnomie

Gnomie NOOB

so what are you exactly searching for then? :D